This page is also available in Hungarian here.
About the Conference
The Budapest Data Forum is the premier vendor-independent conference in Hungary on data management and analytics, now in its 12th year.
What are the topics?
The topics covered by the conference include:
- DW architectures, on-premise and cloud-based data warehouse solutions
- Data modelling, star schemas, data vault
- ETL, Data Integration, Data quality, Data governance
- Big Data tools and techniques, especially Hadoop and Spark and SQL-on-Big Data engines (Hive, Impala, Presto, Druid)
- Streaming data technologies and applications (e.g Kafka, Nifi, Beam, Spark Streaming, Flink)
- NOSQL and NewSQL databases (multimodal, key-value, document, search, graph, time-series)
- Data science tools, methods and best practices
- Data-driven business, data literary, data community
We are welcoming many different talk types, but the typical ones fall into those categories:
- Technical talks – Talks about interesting data-related technologies, including platform, tools, languages, and libraries useful for managing and analyzing data . The talks could be either intros for beginners or more advanced.
- Case Studies – Presentations covering a data project: the problem to be solved, tools used, lessons learned while building the solution, results and pitfalls
- Best practices – Talks on tips, trick and best practices related to the conference topics
What are the perks?
If you get selected as a speaker, here are the benefits
- Free conference ticket. The selected speakers for full talks receive free registration to both days of the conference (Tuesday &Wednesday), and speakers giving a quick talk receive a single-day ticket. Speakers selected for workshops receive an all-inclusive pass.
- Dedicated speaker room so you can check your email or do some quick work in peace
- Meals included. All conference meals included in the registration (coffee breaks, lunch, welcome reception)
- Travel or lodging allowance. If you need financial support to attend the conference, please indicate this on the CFP form and the Program Committee will do its best to help.
The deadline for talk proposals is March 1., 2020. (Sunday)
How to submit a talk proposal
The CFP application has been closed.
If you have any question, Bence Arató, the program chair of conference is happy to help. You can contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter at @bencearato.