Key topics | Session formats | Speaker benefits | Submitting a proposal
Call For Proposals
The Budapest Data Forum is a leading data engineering, data warehousing and big data conference. The conference will be held for the 15th time this year as a hybrid event with both in-person and remote talks.
- Data architectures and data modeling
- Cloud databases and big data platforms
- Analytical and time series databases
- Data integration and ETL
- Data quality and observability
- Data catalogs, data governance and metadata
- DW automation, CI/CD, DataOps
- Stream processing and analytics
Presentations related to other areas of interest to our data community are also welcomed. Speakers are also welcome to submit more than one talks to the same or to different tracks.
The first day of the conference is planned to take place in Budapest with in-person participation, the second day will be held entirely online. We are accepting proposals for both, so please provide your preferences on the registration form.
A standard speaking slot will be 30 minutes long and a quick talk will be 15-minutes long.
We are looking for both beginner-level or in-depth technical talks. The conference is bilingual, so English and Hungarian talk submissions are both welcome.
Based on past years, the following talk types are usually well received:
- Technology presentations: These presentations showcase software technologies relevant to the conference topics, either at beginner or advanced levels.
- Case studies: Presentation based on ongoing or completed projects, discussing the goals, the process, the results (expected or realized) and lessons learned
- Tips and best practices: Sharing experiences and best practices for data-related technical or business topics.
If your talk gets selected for the conference schedule, you’ll receive the following benefits:
- Discover Budapest. Our city is one of the most beautiful and inviting travel destination in Europe, and speaking at the Budapest Data conference will give a great chance to explore it.
- Meet the local community. As a speaker, you will have ample opportunities to meet other speakers, attendees and members of the local data community.
- Free conference ticket. The selected speakers receive free registration to both days of the conference.
- Meals included. All conference meals included in the registration (coffee breaks, lunch, welcome reception)
- Financial support. We have a budget for helping great speakers to attend the conference. The budget is limited and will be allocated partly by the merit of the talk and partly to support speaker diversity.
Submitting a proposal
You can apply by filling out this form: Budapest Data+ML 2023 Call for Speakers.
The submission deadline is March 31, 2023
The received applications will be evaluated by the Program Committee of the conference. The applicants will by notified in Mid-April.
Code of Conduct
Before applying please review our Code of Conduct which is binding for all speakers and attendees.
If you have any question, Bence Arató, the Program Chair of the conference is happy to help. You can contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter at @bencearato.